Friday, August 5, 2011

Kale Chips

It may seem a little odd that I decided to make kale chips @ 9 o'clock in the morning but given the healthy attributes that kale posses I figured what the hell? So I ventured out into the sunny garden and cut several leaves from my plants.

After preheating the oven to 300 I cut the leaves down the centre on either side of the rib and then discarded the rib.


After tearing the leaves into bite size pieces I transferred the kale to a small bowl. I have a bad habit of not measuring when it comes to recipes like this so I apologize for not being able to provide exact instructions, I'm sure you can eyeball it for yourself. I drizzled olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the kale. A few shakes of garlic powder sea salt and my favourite - crushed chili peppers! Using my hands (it's the only way to do it to ensure each leaf is evenly coated) I gently mixed the kale in the bowl. Placing each piece completely flat on a baking sheet.


Depending on the oven the chips take anywhere from 10 - 15 minutes to cook. They are extremely easy to overcook. If they do you'll smell them burning. So I don't recommend leaving them in the oven unattended.


Once cooked you can eat them right away - they taste really yummy hot!


Enjoy your very own kale chips!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment